This will be a quick one, not much real new today, as expected, my friend greeted me this morning with the biggest smile saying only "Sir, Sir, Your back again...good" with an exciting tone in his voice, "Camel" is an immigrant worker that cleans our barracks, and does he ever clean, I established a connection with him and I have yet to see him talk to anyone else. His English is very limited, but the vibe I get from him is that he is a very happy person, we have been told that the workers that are brought here to this country only make a very small wage. Picture what some of us might make in a day, "Camel" makes in a month, and he has a family to support in his home country. Seeing him in the mornings wearing the "Support our Troops" hat that I gave him on my last trip here really makes me feel good, I only hope that I can do something special for him again this trip. I would like to give him a "tip" but they are not allowed to accept money. Hmmmm, might have to put some thought into it. He is also the barber here so I may be able to tip him there, i will keep you updated.
Today was our "paperwork" day, not much work work, but it's a good thing, cause the temperature rose to 55.5 degrees C at around 1:30pm. So I will close and continue tomorrow, still trying to get used to the 8 hour time zone change.
Till next time ~ Support our Troops
~M
No comments:
Post a Comment