Well, It's been a few days since I updated, I actually tried something different last night on my blog and it was a video blog entry, unfortunately, because of our connection, It was going to take days to upload it, so I decided to go back to the ole pen to paper..or fingers to keys. The last few days have been really messed up with our work schedule, working very odd hours , so trying to get back on track has been the biggest challenge, it seems like all our guys are doing is sleeping, but like I said, it's a premium, take it when you can. The transition of troops will be happening soon, so we should be in for some busy days, and before we know it, we will be camping. The weather has been hot as usual, I just came in from lunch and it is 52.5 degrees Celsius, the humidity doesn't seem to be as high the last couple of days. Two mornings ago, I was chatting with Lana and it was around 5am, I looked up and saw what I thought was drizzle, well, we are lucky if we get one day of rain a year here, so I knew it couldn't have been that, then I realized, it was the humidity rolling in, I just shook my head, humidity so dense that you can see it. It's all part of the life here with the climate. We look around at the workers and wonder how they can survive wearing long sleeve shirts and pants and sandles, but that is exactly what they grew up with. So, on that note, I'm off for now, hopefully, I can continue to update daily, because I'm pretty sure I am forgetting something, If I remember, I will update the post.
Till next time ~ Support Our Troops
~M
**Update...Well as I laid comfortably in my bed trying to get some sleep, we were all rudely awakened at 12:45am with a fire alarm, it is about the 9th time this has happened in a one week span, as with all the other times, it was a false alarm...GRRRRRRRRRRRRR . Rumor has it, the high Humidity plays tricks on the system!!It's a real "Test in patience"
1 comment:
Thanks for keeping us up to date : If its any comfort it has been really humid here too..
Too bad the connection is slow and the video blog is not an option..
TTYL and stay safe my friend !
Post a Comment