
12:21 am (my local time)
Where to start, After a very emotional goodbye with Lana and the girls in Trenton, I boarded a bus to take to the airport in Toronto, we arrived, checked our luggage and headed to a restaurant to have a quick bite and a beverage, It was time to board our plane, was kind of exciting considering who we were flying with, we got to our seats and got comfortable for the 13 hour non stop flight. It was a good flight, I was able to sleep about 6 hours thanks to my new neck pillow, I highly recommend it for those flying economy. The highlight of the trip was being able to watch any movie or tv show I wanted right at my seat, food although left a little to be desired, I am certainly not complaining!! We finally arrive in the "Middle East" and clear customs, no problems except for a minor glitch with one of our guys. :) So, I get outside after aproximately 15 hours after my last smoke leaving Toronto and half way through my smoke I almost turned green, I know, good time to quit right, nah ah, the second one right after it was the best smoke in a long time. After a short trip by bus from the airport we are now at our "home" away from home, a few more smokes, a couple of cookies, a bowl of froot loops and a few bottles of water, oh ya, the water, the drink of choice here by the way. Not sure what the temp is right now, but when we got in around 9:30pm, it was 33 degrees, and very high humidity, but i must say, after the summer we have had in Ontario, it is kinda a welcome relief, i'm sure that will change at 3 in the afternoon and it is 60 degrees. So as I lay in my bed typing this, I feel my eyes are starting to burn, I must try and get some sleep, I need to get back to my routine of being up at 5am so I can video conference with my sweetheart, perfect start to the day, and it is much needed on both ends. On a side note, I am really looking forward to seeing my friend "Camel". Looking forward to his smile!!
Till next time ~ keep supporting the troops!! S.O.T.
~M
No comments:
Post a Comment