Monday, August 25, 2008

Day 2 ~ In the books

Well, today was a rest day (day off) for us here, So I decided to do just that, time is a premium and whenever you have a chance to do just nothing, take advantage of it. I went into town to do a little shopping, couple of things that I forgot to bring with me, browsed the shopping center a little and then hopped the bus to get back here in time for supper, supper tonight was Roast Beef and mashed potatoes, food here is really good, I must take advantage of it because when we go north to Kandahar, it is virtually is slop on a plate. After supper digested, I decided to take a walk to the gym, not my favorite place to hang out, but I have decided to spend more time this trip being fit, I actually want to go home and have Lana say "wow" lol, she says that now anyway :) So, i took the plunge, for a start , I did 45 minutes on the treadmill,(4.2 km) surprisingly, I felt pretty good, especially my hips. So, as I lay in bed, I am sore, hopefully I won't be too bad tomorrow, we are in for a very busy and long day, thankfully I will still have a chance to chat with my baby in the morning!!

Thats all from 11,000 Km's across the world,

Till next time - Support the Troops
M

No comments: