After a few very long travel days en-route to Afghanistan, I have finally made it here, arrived here late into the morning and all I wanted when I hit the ground was a Timmies, which in fact is Rolllllll up the Rim here as well. Well my Tim's was going to wait till the morning, I did get my fix of caffeinated Tim Horton's coffee and my day was off to a good start. It was very busy day with clearing in and getting all of the "paper work" stuff out of the way, picked up my meal and phone cards. Speaking of meal cards, its been 2 years since I was in one of the DFac's (Dining Facility) and my immediate reaction was that the food standard has improved. Lets just see if I'm still saying that in 4 to 6 months from now. On a brighter note, there is an increase in other eating establishments around the camp, just have to pay for them, KFC, TGIFridays, a burger joint, pizza place, and a few others that I'm sure I will sample over time. So, after a very full day of running around, after supper we headed to the boardwalk where Ex VP of Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment Tom Anselmi and a group of NHL Alumni were gathered at the outdoor ball hockey rink to take an all girls team in ball hockey. It was very entertaining to say the least, especially tough guy Andre Roy, others on the trip are Tiger Williams, Lanny MacDonald, Mario Tremblay, Pierre Turgeon, Jamie MacCowan, Mark LaForest, Chris Nilan and a slew of others, including Canadian funny man...Tom Green. The show tour continues today with MMA fighting and oh, don't forget the Montreal Alouette cheerleaders....OK, enough about that, but in all honesty, it makes being over here very bearable and I thank them for that.
So today is another admin day and then I should be all set, I still have some setting up in my bed space but in a couple of weeks I will be changing spaces for the duration of my time here and that I am looking forward to, I need to be able to set up my space to be comfortable, after all this is "home" for the next 6 months. So I must get ready to start my day, I'm not sure how often I will be updating but keep checking back, I hope to do it every few days. Thanks everyone for the support and especially Lana and the girls. Lana came down with a nasty cold just as I was deploying and she is still on the mend, it never fails only when I go away. Get better sweetie!!! So in signing off I'd like to say that this tour is likely to be an interesting ride especially with everything that is going on and I look forward to it . Till next time, continue to Support Our Troops!!
~M
3/175
3 comments:
Thanks Huh and I miss you so freaking much! Take care, stay strong and stay safe ILYS
Glad you made it safe and sound! keep us updated! and stay safe. XXOO
Love reading your updates Mark, hope you feel better soon Lana. SOT :D
Post a Comment