So here I sit in my nice cozy warm comfy living room, I only have 5 hours before I will be airborne and on my way to the Middle East, which from this day forth will commonly be known as "The Stan" as in Afghanistan. Unlike my previous 3 trips overseas, I will be spending my entire 6 months in The Stan. Some of you may remember I referred to the other place as "The Safe Zone". Well Kandahar is as safe as it gets for this trip. But having spent a great deal of time in KAF (Kandahar Airfield) and I am quite confident that we are well protected inside the wire!
I would be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to this trip. I am going to be working some of the best technicians that I know and we are going to be working on what could possibly be the best Aircraft in the world, and yes I am very bias. We will be working in the same area of KAF but living in a different area. We are moved out of the "old" army style tens and have moved into very comfortable Mods, picture 8 to 10 sea containers all joined together with some doors and a few windows in for good measure. There are a few other "nice" updates in the camp but I will update you all on stuff in later Blog entries. So before I sign off on this entry, I want to thank everyone for the ongoing support, I want you to remember that I am not the only one serving over there and your continued support of ALL the troops is needed. I want to thank my family for being there for me, I know its not going to be easy (at first) so just keep smiling. I love you Lana, Victoria and Vanessa. See you soon!!
~M
No comments:
Post a Comment