| Tiger Williams and myself at Canada House!! |
I have been able to get adjusted to life here even though I have been here before there are alot of new changes. We are now staying in modular accommodations instead of the tents, some say they would have preferred the tents, but in only 7 days I have taken a liking to them, no more LONG muddy treks to the showers in the morning, I have mine right across the hall. Tim Hortons is only a 3 minute walk from here and the line ups have not changed, still miles long, the best time is at 6:15am when the initial rush dies down and then the remainder of the day is nuts. There has been an influx of vehicle traffic here on camp, not sure if its more troops or just vehicles, but some (most) days its just easier to walk, besides I have some pounds to shed, its good for me!!
I went on a mission the other day to find the American BX, it also has moved and is bigger and better, lots of stuff including electronics. From the BX I carried on to the Boardwalk and it has also grown in numbers, it has many different shops like from local vendors selling nik nakky type stuff to afghan carpets and pashmina's. There has also been a very large amount of food vendors, some I will try, some I won't, had KFC today for lunch..meh, alright I suppose! The latest food spot to show up still under reno is Coffee Time, they have taken over the old Tim Hortons trailer on the BW, curious to try their coffee. I was able to ship over from home a coffee pot and accessories for the shacks, that is just getting to be used now and should save on trips to Tim's and money!!
The weather here has been golden, up untill the day I got here the guys were saying that they had 3 weeks of crappy wet weather (winter) Since I woke up last Monday morning it has been hot and sunny, reaching high 20's, I'll take it, sorry about all your weather back home. :) But you can have the sand and the smell of poo floating around this country (poo being the above ground septic system they have in place). So, as the days go by I stopped to think that tomorrow will have already been 1 week. I know Lana will difer, but the time here has just flown, before I know it I will be home enjoying the late spring helping Lana plant and get the yard ready for the summer, that which I will miss. So I will sign off for now, we are going in to work for a bit, Till next time Support Our Troops.
~M
PS, I forgot to mention, A large group of ex NHL'ers came for a visit, Lanny MacDonald was a highlight, but the above picture is with Tiger Williams. They spent 5 days here doing various things and was a real treat to see them all around at Canada House!!
2 comments:
Wow your first week there and you get to meet one of your idols! I love the tan your sporting already *looking good*
I miss you ILYS
That is so cool! Saw your pics on facebook! Neat. I also watched this on Rick Mercer Report or one of those shows a few weeks ago...Now I understand it better :)
Post a Comment