Well folks, I know its been some time since my last update. Since returning from KAF to the "safe zone" our internet has been in a bad state. The only computers available here on camp have a 30 minute limit, I felt that it was important to spend that time...when I could get on them, to chat with Lana back home, all the time thinking about those of you diligently checking my blog looking for the next update!! Well, where to start, we returned from KAF to find ourselves deep into work, and relatively busy, not a bad thing, the last thing you want to do with 16 days left in the trip is too sit around and do nothing. I have had the chance to go into town and get away from the camp for a bit, saw Cedric, remember he is the fellow that has 2 young children back in the Philippines supporting them, his girlfriend and his parents. Well, Cedric finally got promoted to supervisor, he was happy to tell us and then the conversation turned to the upcoming UFC fight on TV. As we were getting ready to leave, he said if we come and see him one more time, he will be sure to send us "home" with some Cinnamon buns from the store. I may just have to make the effort, they are really tasty!!
About a week ago, Cam and I were able to find information that told us that we were eligible for a 48 hour R&R period at the camps expense. Well, my father has always taught me...if you don't A.S.K you don't G.E.T. So, we staffed the memo up and in a very short period, we were granted a 24hour R&R, we will take it, so plans were put into motion and we were of to Abu Dhabi, to a five star resort with almost everything included, the food was awesome, the rooms were great and the weather was perfect. It was everything that this crew needed to finish the remaining 11 days on tour. As you can appreciate, you live, eat, sleep, work, play with the same 10 guys for 6 months you will start to "get sick" of seeing them. It was the prefect way to rejuvenate ourselves for the home stretch and end this thing on a really good note.
So here we are with 8 days remaining, and yes that song has been stuck in my head all day, I want to say a week left, but its an 8 day week. We are going to be extremely busy and my only hope is that we don't get home and we are to tired to do anything, but I'm sure that won't be the case. My 6 months is all but done and I am feeling really good about the tour, although, I have ZERO desire to ever come back here. Been there, done it, and I even have several T-shirts to show for it...my family needs me back and I need them back. I am really looking forward to being home and plowing all that snow that never seems to stop falling and give my baby a break. I Love you Lana and you certainly have been a trooper during this time while I have been away...THANK YOU!!!
So as I sign off, with no guarantees if this will be the last one or not, all I can say is, Stay tuned...till next time!!
Support Our Troops
~M
2 comments:
Thanks for the update... Glad to hear you and the crew are doing well.
Can't wait to see you
Love ya tons
Raine xxx
Very nice blog and I can't wait for you to be home. I have missed you alot!! I Love you Mark.
Post a Comment