Monday, February 2, 2009

Hi it’s me, the Wife


Well here I sit reading what might be Mark’s final blog report for this tour and thought why not make a post myself.

So I’m thinking about the past 6 months which in fact were actually 10 months in total and some of you are thinking huh?  Yes Mark was gone for 6 months, but in fact the 2 month breaks home in between for me don’t count.  During the 4 months we couldn’t get into a routine and Mark basically had to stay in the “mode.”  The first 2 months home were great, kind of like a little honeymoon if you will and the 2nd break home was “Hell”

When Mark came home I was sick and sick of being sick.  Mark was very cranky and had a little depression happening I think.  There were so many emotions, that neither one of us could get a handle on it.

It has been very, very difficult getting used to this whole Military lifestyle. 

I have a great deal of admiration for the wives of military husbands with small children and have learned a lot.

I don’t know how they do it, I really don’t!!

I have learned to be quite self sufficient in doing the things I hate doing. I have also come to really appreciate the things Mark always does for me!

Examples you ask, well…Taking out the garbage, putting gas in my car, making supper (god I can’t wait to have a good meal again;) making my tea in the mornings, running small errands while I’m at work ETC!!

During this past 10 months we have missed a lot of things together, which were difficult for me.  We have been together 10 yrs this March (I think, Ron and Larriane help me out here lol) and this was the first time for both of us to be apart for so long.

We tried to celebrate everything during his breaks, but it wasn’t the same.

We (the girls and I) spent Christmas together with Mark on a web cam, well in 8 days we are having our family Christmas when he gets home.

Speaking of web cams; Thank god for technology!  I don’t think I could have made it all this time without the computers.  Also with a web cam I was able to feel like I was right there in the desert with Mark, except I wasn’t afraid of what might be flying over my head. Also in 8 days, I can finally relax and get good nights sleep and so can Mark.  We can finally stop worrying about each other; well we will never stop worrying.  But it will be a different kind of worry.  I Love you Mark!!

I want to thank you all for the Support and Love you sent to Mark while he was away.

OH Ya, remember what Mark posted in his blog?  You know, the part that said “my family needs me back and I need them back. I am really looking forward to being home and plowing all that snow that never seems to stop falling and give my baby a break.

You did?  Great!  Now I have proof HAHAHA don’t worry I’ll be nice to him, for a week or so!!

 

From the Military Wife to Be (hint hint Mark)

AKA Lana/Mom

Thank you

~S.O.T.~

 

PS. Please don’t stop supporting our troops, they are still over there and need it!!!!!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Great blog Lana sums it up to a tee!

Anonymous said...

Great message Lana, small corrections it is 10 years April 23rd. lol... Ron remembers that date better than my birthday.

You and the girls have done far more for Mark, than words can say.

Your family only confirms that "distance makes the heart grow fonder"... I think it should say.. distance makes your love grow stronger...

I am so proud of all of you.. you are a stronger person than me.

Can't wait to see the photos of Mark with the snowblower... lol

Thank you again for all you do.

Love to my beautiful daughter-in-law... xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow Lana, Great Blog!! Looks like Mark has some compition. Lorraine said a mouthful, not much that I could add, except that I too am very proud of you and Mark. You two are great together. Keep up the great work and can't wait to see you guys. Take care love you mama Dxoxo
SOT