Well....I sat here for a few minutes thinking of an update and couldn't, so I decided to go for breakfast and come back to it...guess what, still nothing, except for the fact that a short 9 days ago I was still in Kandahar, which by the way seems like forever ago. While I was at breaky I was thinking how bad the food is there. I know, when your hungry, you will eat almost anything, but I am so thankful that we have the opportunity to split our overseas time between here and Kandahar, and that we have a couple of months off at home before we come back to go north again, I seriously do not know how the 6 monthers in Kandahar do it. I guess they just get used to it. We are only a couple of days away from departing here and heading home, and let me tell you, just about everything I see about home is making me want to be there now. This has not been an overly hard trip work wise, but the "other" things that go on in a war zone have been. I hope it is all over real soon, and bring every one home. I'm looking forward to seeing my crew mates that stayed behind in KAF, I hope their spirits are high and staying positive. Well..that just about it from here, things have been quite slow, and not much else is new. I will probably update one more time before heading home, I hope all had a great Thanksgiving weekend and look forward to my/our Thanksgiving dinner at Dad and Rainnes!! Till next time...
Support Our Troops
~M
1 comment:
Hey Mark
I hope you will have a safe trip & May God watch over you & everyone else . You & others will be in my prayers daily . Take care my Freind & GOD Bless , Stay safe over there ,
Keep in touch.
Tony.K
Post a Comment