Well folks, I am sitting in the same chair that I started this blog in just over 2 months ago, It is 6:20am and I have been up for over 2 hours, I'm sure it is a combination of the jet lag, 8 hour time difference and the fact that I can do my "morning routine" on the internet and it won't take 5 hours to do it. But the most important thing to me coming home was seeing my family. Lana and Byron met me at the airport, with a Timmies in hand I must add, Byron had to drive to Toronto because Lana is still very sick with a cronic sinus and ear infection and then getting home to see the girls, I missed them like crazy, they said they missed me too, and I keep asking why and especially Victoria just laughs. So, here we are another 2 month tour in the books, it was long but yet it went fast, can't quite explain, but I'm glad it is over. I am going to enjoy the next couple of months at home because I know it will pass just as quick. On the first morning after my last trip I remember waking up and feeling empty, not beeing in the Middle East, the rush of going to work and the 9 other guys I spent 2 months doing EVERYTHING with, this time is different, I'm not feeling that empty feeling and In no rush to feel it. Last night just before bed, I was able to give the girls their souvenirs from the trip, which they thoroughly enjoy, the new iPod Nano, they told me they wanted to give me my birthday present a night early. So I get to close my eyes and plunk..Vanessa drops two bags on my lap, In it were all the things that I have gone without over the last two months, candy, my favorite cereal, couple of bags of chips, deodorant that I ran out of while Overseas, don't worry, I bought some more, but not the kind I like. So, I make a side handed comment about being 40 now and how many people are commenting on my 40th, It doesn't bother me to be turning the big 4 0 , but Lana says to me...oh, don't worry, there will be many more knowing that your 40, Yet again, I have to close my eyes to be walked to the front yard to see it plastered with lawn ornaments and a sign that says Happy 40th

So, to say the least , I was very surprised, because just an hour earlier, the lawn was empty. So Lana has "one upped me" and I can hardly wait for her 50th lol.She is such a trooper, all that she does for me and beeing as sick as she is, I LOVE her to death! In all seriousness, I am grateful to be home, whether it is my birthday or not. So, today is a rest day for our crew, I think I just might do that, except for the fact my drivers license has expired, I must do that today, oh well, it will give me an excuse to go out and get my Timmies..mmmmmmmm good!! Thank you to everyone for all the support on this trip, stay tuned for the second installment of the blog when I re-deploy in mid December. Till next time...
Support Our Troops
~M
3 comments:
Happy 40th ! What a great way to celebrate your birthday !
I love to lawn ...good job Lana. Even when sick you managed to make Marks 40th great !
WOW Mark what a story!! So interesting, again I wish I could have been there for your Birthday. Looks to me like you had a great day, and yes Lana always did know how to surprise and amaze people.
But then again when love is so strong nothing will keep you down.
Love you mom xoxo SOT
Missed the birthday oh no! Looks like it was wonderful. Enjoy your home time and the snow that's coming :P Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment