Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Half way home!!

Good morning all, as I write this entry we have just passed the half way point, at times it feels like time is going quick, but at others it feels like the time is standing still, I know from Lana's perspective, time is standing still and that I can appreciate. It's been some time since I have updated my blog, but because we have gone down to one crew here now, we have worked every day and most days I barely have enough time to chat with Lana, eat..sleep..work, then it starts again!! We have been treated with some pretty crappy weather these last 4 days, it has been raining quite heavily at times and because the ground is so hard, the rain has no where to go, it just stays in puddles and makes everything quite muddy. I suppose its would be ok if you were a pig, I think you get the picture. I woke up this morning to find my tent space completely flooded for the third time in 4 days, and to top it off, I even moved spaces after the first to what I thought was higher ground. Grrr, so today I think I will have to move tents all together, which kinda sucks, because I have put so much time into making this tent very comfortable for living in, almost like a canvass cottage!! So, I guess I will put my touch in the new tent that I move in to, oh well, it passes the time!! Update on the mail situation, and this is a very sensitive topic for me, and I am not at all happy about how it has been handled. Two days ago, I received 2 packages, one from Lana and one from Shelly, they were a welcome treat and very refreshing, the treats inside have been well received and who knew a box of clementines would have survived almost three weeks in the mail, only one showed any signs of decay!! I'm really sorry to say, that I still not have received Larraines packages yet, that has to be the most frustrating part, and my hands are absolutely tied, I ask "the bosses" every day if there is mail coming from our safe zone and I get the same answer..."don't know". There really has to be some explanation to this whole fiasco, but I'm afraid to say, someone has dropped the ball on this one. I know Lana did some legwork back home to try and find out whats has happened, and still is happening, but...there are still issues out there, I am certainly not alone in this either. I wonder...just wonder what would happen if the local media got a hold of this story...probably the most unfortunate thing to happen short of losing troops in this, Troop Moral is the next most important thing to your life when you are serving over here! So, all that being said, I still wake up every morning with a smile on my face hoping that I will receive the remainder of our mail...keep praying!!
There really has been not much else to update here, things have been exceptionally quiet, and for that I am very happy, it has made the time here in KAF quite enjoyable, except for the rain, but I guess you can't expect to go camping for three weeks and not get rained on!! I can only imagine how the guys in the field are coping! So I will sign off for now, try and scope out a new tent space and get re-settled. Till next time!!

Support Our Troops
~M

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update... So Sorry for the screw up with the mail. Well, when it does come.. hopefully you will have fun and have a laugh..The timing really sucks but you just do your best with what you got.

Love to you and the gang, and the prayers are being sent your way.
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark,
sorry about the mail and the rain. Guess i should have sent you snorkeling gear. Hopefully it will let up soon. We are freezing today and more snow coming.1/2 way is great news. Hopefully I can get away from here when you get back and celebrate xmas with you and Lana. Love and prayers to all over there xoxo SOT

Anonymous said...

MARK ITS MOM VERY NICE YOUR HALF WAY HOME LETS HOPE AND PRAY NEXTFEW WEEKS

GO JUST AS FAST YOUR DOING GREAT WE'RE ALL THERE WITH YOU LOVE AND PRAYS MOM XO XO XO

Shelly said...

Glad you got your presents! Keep going! You almost there! S.O.T~~

Unknown said...

Half way there! Its all a downhill coast from here. Don't drink so much coffee before bed and you won't get flooded out.HeHeHe :)
Glad to hear things are a little quieter for you. Take a little downtime for yourself if you can.

Cheers!
Ken and Meg